Episode 40 - Peita Diamantidis on how to become your own financial superhero
In this episode we're talking to Peita Diamantidis. She's a financial adviser and author of the Finance Action Hero series. Join us for a talk on the financial mistakes to avoid, how to spend consciously, how to create sustainable financial habits and how to set up your own financial adventure fund.
Who is she? Peita is a financial adviser, financial literacy advocate and author.
Role model because? She educates people on financial literacy, enabling them to reach the goals they've always dreamed of realising.
Her Work: Financial education
Her Passion: Empowering people to make big life decisions
Her Dream: To make saving exciting
Her female role model: Emma Isaacs
If she could give her younger self any piece of advice she'd give her a heads up about certain men ;) and tell her to collect experiences. To make sure she's looking around as she's moving forwards and to absorb what she's experiencing. (As well as making sure that she puts 10% of her earnings away into savings).
- Eliminate as much waste from your life as you can (stop buying things you don't need)
- Stop wasting food (will save you thousands of $$$ a year)
- Bulk buying isn't necessarily the best strategy
- Math has nothing to do with finance, numbers are just a way to keep score, finances are about behaviour
- Credit card are designed to be traps
- You need a purpose/end goal for your savings
- Set up an adventure fund
- Save first, then spend
Get in touch with:
Liked this episode?
Check out episode 14 with Mayumi on money mastery or episode 30 with Anna on how to get your worth in salary negotiations.