Episode 39 - Shanti Korporaal on biohacking and what it means to be human
In this episode we're talking to Shanti Korporaal, a serial entrepreneur who has "too many ideas and not enough sleep". She's a futurist, a virtual reality specialist and a biohacker. Join us for a conversation on why we are all biohackers, the question of at what point we'd be more machine and the numerous applications for NFC chips.
Her (female) role models: Nadia Norman, her mother, her husband & people who are open to trying new things and seeing other perspectives
If she could give her younger self any piece of advice she would tell her to get up off the couch and do stuff. To move her brain as well as her body and to push herself to do more.
- How many NFC chip applications there are
- Exciting possibilities advancing technology brings us
- How important it is to define what truly makes us human
- How technology can be both an opportunity and an obstacle for human connection
- Being adverse to something whilst educating yourself on it is something entirely different from removing yourself from the conversation
- Allow yourself to be challenged
Get in touch with:
Liked this episode?
Check out episode 38 (part one of the conversation with Shanti) where we discuss whisky and the opportunities VR brings us or episode 28 with Jodie Rogers on bravery and the things worth being afraid of
Check out the blogpost of episode 38 for more on Shanti