Episode 42 - Jeanine Lee on (financial) lessons from the start-up world
In this episode we talk to Lee, senior accounting manager at Propeller Industries. She shares her insights as an accountant specialising in start-ups, why having clarity on your financials is key and why HOW you do things is more important than WHAT you do.
Who is she? Lee is a senior accounting manager at Propeller industries, who focusses on start-ups with physical products
Fearlessly Feminine because of her passion for social entrepreneurship and her support for women-led ventures
Her work: Lee works with start-ups who are past their first round of finance and are ready to professionalise their financial reporting
Her Passion: Helping start-ups grow and deliver their products (and travelling)
Her female role models: Her mother and women in her everyday life
Is she could give her younger self any piece of advice she would tell her to to be even more courageous.
- If you have bad data you can't really make good decisions
- Everybody has something that works for them and it's important to identify what that thing is for you
- The biggest mistakes that people make in regards to their financials is ignoring them
- People often bring their personal way of dealing with finance into their business
- If you believe you have the answers in your head but you can't put them on paper you don't have them
- Working remotely can help you create a better work-life balance
- If you put someone you trust in charge of the finances, whilst staying engaged in them, you'll make the best financial decisions
- Make sure the company values match your own
Get in touch with:
Find out more about the company: http://propellerindustries.com
Find out more about Lee's travels: http://www.leeontheroad.com/blog/
Liked this episode?
Episode 41 - Casey Carr-Jones on how to create a killer resume
Episode 30 - Anna Hodges on getting what you are worth in salary negotiations