Episode 34 - Kamya Ghose on life after her mastectomy
In this episode we talk to Kamya about having a mastectomy at age 23 and the ways in which this impacted her life. We discuss trauma, the importance of feeling normal and unexpected ways to deal with tragedy.
Who is she? Kama Ghose is a bachelors of Business student in Auckland
Role model because? After her mastectomy Kamya discovered just how few bra's there were that suited her new situation. Instead of letting it get her down she decided to do something about it and create her own line of underwear for people who are in this situation.
Her Work: Business student
Her Dream: Creating great underwear options for women post-mastectomy
Her Passion: Flying
Her role models: Oprah, Kalpana Chawla
If she could give her younger self any piece of advice she would tell her to look at life relatively and to remember that there is always a future.
- You can bounce back after something traumatic has happened to you
- We are all at our own level of emotional resistance
- Remember to keep on living and doing what you love
- Look at the problem that you are facing as separate from you as a person
- Problems are only as big as you make them
- Do for someone else what you wish that had been done for you
Get in touch with
Liked this episode?
Check out Episode 28 - Jodie Rogers on bravery and the things worth being afraid of and Episode 27 - Teneille Lake on celebrating life choices and divorce parties