Rabat - Sofia
Travel day! Today we are leaving for Sofia, which means I had the "pleasure" of packing yesterday. Last month I was excited to do so (knowing there was no way I could fail my challenge) however this month I wasn't too sure..
I came to Rabat with 25kg worth of stuff, here is what happened since :)
I got rid of:
- My skipping rope (this was going to be THE thing for me to stay in shape, I'd use it every day and be phenomenally fit. I used it twice in thee months, I hope it enjoys it's new life in Morocco)
- 2 pairs of paints that just didn't fit me quite right anymore. I kept the black & white ones for Morocco, but now I don't have to wear long pants all the time any longer, they are being donated
- I figured out most of the weight in my bag must come from all the little things added up. I really didn't need this odd sized padlock which I once needed for a trip to Alice Springs in the Australian outback.
- This black top I picked up from the donation basket (where all remotes put the stuff they aren't taking with them) last month. Wore it about three times, it stays here.
- Sunglasses: I actually found a pair I liked better (as in literally found them) my old ones were so scratched up I couldn't see through them any longer anyway, bye bye!
- My boyfriend reclaimed his old phone I'd been using as my iPhone 4 is slowly dying
- He is also using my recharging thingy (would not know how to call it) for phones so much it's basically his (and babypink) I gave it to him to take on his side trip
What I added:
- I am in Morocco, of course I bought some argan oil
- Passing through "the valley of the roses" I also added some rose oil to my toiletry bag
- I picked up two books in book exchanges, I know, not good for my weight decreasing challenge, however otherwise I just buy lots on my kindle, so basically I am saving money.. right?
- A little water boiler. I NEED my tea. This baby boils about half a liter at a time. Tea everywhere! Besides, it travels in my boyfriends bag, so doesn't really count anyway
- This month I am travelling with my boyfriends microphone as he is taking a side trip and won't be joining me for the next week. In order to be able to do my podcasts I needed to take it with me
I am currently travelling to Bulgaria with 24.3 kg which is a little more than the 23kg I was aiming for. However, it is still 700grams less, meaning I am still on track for my challenge.
See you soon Bulgaria!